Wednesday 22 April 2015

Unity Module 2: 3D Game Development

This week I got started on Module 2 of my Unity course.  This is where things begin getting more interesting and we actually started creating some stuff.
The first video tutorial is:
3D Level Design  18.03 min
This tutorial talks you through creating a basic level using primitives (basic 3D objects from within Unity).  The benefits of this are that you can quickly block out and plan a level for your game, with basic elements which could be replaced later by more intricate models. 
This tutorial uses 3D cubes to create a basic level of ramps and platforms.  Here's some screen grabs of mine:


Unfortunately my internet is being particularly slow at the moment and I've been trying to load the next tutorial for half an hour I'll have to carry on with the others later on!

1 comment: