Friday 13 March 2015

Depth Of Field Exercise

In this exercise we explored the effect of different focal lengths, shutter angles, and ND filters on Depth of Field.  It was intended that we would alter the aperture to correctly expose the footage (also altering the DOF), however the area my group chose to film in wasn't ideal and we had insufficient lighting to really show this. Due to this I had to bump up the gain a lot, causing heaps of grain.  The lack of light means that my footage is a really bad example and doesn't show that well what was intended in this lesson.


These are the screen shots from my footage.  The last few screen shots show a shallower depth of field.














1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Sarah – despite the minor technical hiccups, I hope this exercise at least illustrates the value and importance of long lenses in delivering a pleasing shallow depth of focus.

    ReplyDelete