Sunday 23 August 2015

Scheduling our Shoots

Last week we all met up to discuss our filming schedule for our project and how we would fit everyone in.

Since some people work or have cast or crew who can only do certain days we needed to be diplomatic about where we could fit people in.

I had considered trying to get my project filmed early to give myself more time in post production.  However, I expect that due to their ages cast would only be available weekends because of school.  Since we have a couple of people who need to film in early September due to cast availability and internships who also need weekends to film we decided to schedule them in first.

Currently my intended shoot dates are 28th September till 1st October. This is during the school holidays so will hopefully give me some flexibility with cast and will also give me a few weeks on post production.  However this is all weekdays so it might end up causing another set of problems with the older cast members.  

In the meantime leading up to the shoot I need to make sure that I have my assets ready to go.  This means I will be modelling, rigging and texturing over the next few weeks.

I created a document which contains all of our initial scheduling as well as who was intended to crew on each film.  This gives a good idea of where everyone is at, and allows crew to double check their availability against intended shooting dates.

Schedule Screen grab

I have my own version of this which shows just the films I am working on for my own planning purposes.

So far I've penciled in a booking for the Greenscreen Studio during my shooting dates, but i still have a lot of planning to do.

 
       

1 comment:

  1. Good - great to hear that you'll be using that time wisely before the shoot! Thanks, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete