Tuesday 7 October 2014

Bones of Essimer VFX: Nuke, Keying and Camera Tracking

Everyone has been getting stuck in on our Bones of Essimer Thursday's and I am beginning to feel like we are actually starting to move forward.  The Mastersheet is finished, VFX data typed up and I have the Tiff sequences for the Sizzle Reel. 

So on Thursday I spent the day getting the Tif sequences in order and starting on some greenscreen keying.

The sizzle reel is only a minute long with 21 shots- so is a much less daunting task then the full cinematic.  I managed to get all of the greenscreen shots keyed today- although a couple still need a little attention to fix up some spill issues.



One of the positives of the footage is how easily a key can be pulled from the greenscreen.  Unfortunately a couple of shots look like they have a touch of crawl- I realised this was actually due to the grainy footage- rather than a keying issue.  Hopefully some atmospherics and grading will help to hide this a little.





I'm still waiting on the files for the grade, and we are also still working on huts, but hopefully we can have these done soon and start compositing.

Bex has been working on the Bone Ship shot so I also did a bit of camera tracking.  I couldn't remember how to export the camera, but found a tutorial that helped.  I was a bit out of practise so made a few mistakes, and we had trouble with the different scale between Nuke and Maya; so we went over this is class.  Since I now know a bit more what I am doing I'll probably start working through the camera tracking on the other shots this week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment