Thursday 4 September 2014

Flight: Storyboarding and Thumbnails

Over the past few weeks I have been working on getting my post production work done for Flight- notably thumb-nailing out my shots.

This has been a really good process for me, as somewhere along the line during this process the story began to shift in ways I hadn't intended.  I'm still working on putting the story onto it's final path and deciding exactly what elements to use.  Thumb-nailing has also highlighted some weaknesses in the story that need a bit more attention. 

Here are some pencil sketches exploring different poses and angles for my thumbnailing. 

Figure 1: Scanned Pencil Roughs

They are just rough, quick sketches, but useful for me- especially since this will be my first film with animals as the main characters.  Getting human expression while maintaining animals as animals will be one of the design challenges of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment