Wednesday 30 July 2014

3D Modular Environments

One of the ideas that has come up to help with our environments for Essimer is to use modules.  Modular environments are often used in games and reuse textures and geometry.  Because these elements can be reused in different ways using a modular environment can reduce production time, however each element needs to be planned carefully do the the pieces can fit together. 

We still haven't made a decision on this as the needs of the project will be able to be seen more clearly once we have environment plates. 

However I thought I would do some research into this as it isn't something I am very familiar with. 

Here are some websites that talk about Modular Environments and how to create them:

1

2

3

I plan to have a closer look at these later when I have a little more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment